(Use this form to guide you in supervising your care. This checklist can reduce the possibility of errors and assure that you receive the best possible care. This form will help you to become an active member of our team. Created by Julia Hallisy)
As the owner each patient is expected to take an active interest in his/her care. Expectations include:
- Provide information to the nurses and physicians about symptoms including pain and mental state
- Be familiar with your illness and ask questions if you don’t understand.
- Keep a journal to assure key questions are not forgotten; take notes about your disease and management plans.
- Establish a strong working relationship with your coach (attending physician).
- Assist in designing the daily management plan during work rounds and be actively involved in decision making whenever possible.