Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Nurse practitioner or Physician Assistant
- You can also serve as the coach and should be interacting with the team owner (the patient) as often as possible.
- In less severely ill patients Nurse Practitioners can serve as the leader of the team.
- Closely communicates with the HHA and RN
- Participates in huddles about the patient to assure everyone has the same shared mental model
- Encourages idea sharing and problem solving by all members of the team.
- Organizes the management plan following evidence-based protocols
- If the conditions of the patient change may require the input of a physician either at home or through a clinic or emergency room visit.