Fourth year Students -Their primary goal is to learn the basics of infectious diseases.
- Workup cases assigned by the fellow, write a full history, physical, problem-based impressions, diagnostic and treatment plans
- Presents the cases they have worked up on rounds (See presentation protocol)
- Writes progress notes on their patients with assistant of the fellow.
- Reads the basic infectious disease textbook on each case and learns the basic principles of diagnosis and treatment for each patient they have worked up
- Prepares for and participates in the tri-weekly interactive conferences (See schedule)
- Communicates and spends a little extra time with their patients and provides their insights and suggestions to the team on rounds
- Should feel free to communicate any concerns about their experience with the attending
- Expects that his/her patients will receive the highest quality care