Clinical Facilitator Playbook
Assistant Coach and Manager
You are both a coach who helps assure that all elements of rounds are included, and also serve like a manager helping the hospitalist to manage paper work, deliver forms and arrange for support staff as well as check on the progress of consults, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Attends Work Rounds each weekday and encourages bedside rounds with a huddle around the bed, and computer entries during each patient encounter
- Assure that each patient is acknowledged and he or she is iIntroduced to the doctor and nurse.
- Facilitates TEMP (see Nursing playbook)
- Fills out the doctor-patient communication form to assure that all patient questions are answered (see sample form below)
- Recruits Bedside Nurses to participate on Rounds
- Enters Red Flags documenting delays in care.
- Contacts other Departments to clarify the status of orders and consults.
- Arranges Interpreters.
- Delivers prescriptions and other paperwork to patients
- Arranges doctor’s notes that are required to excuse patients from work and school.